Monday, May 3, 2010

How do you do it.....

I know I haven't posted much at all lately. it seems that I never have the time. It seems that we are so busy. But I wanna know how do you do it?



I read blogs. I read cookbooks. I am inspired by so many people who have been and continue to be on this journey.



But I wanna know... if you are so much like me and struggle with so many of the same issues... How do you....
  • Get over seeing the "fat" person in the mirror

  • Find the time for yourself when you have two kids doing their own activities that requires you to be there.

  • Work a full time job - shifts at that

  • stick to it when you don't have all the support you need

  • avoid food when your mind tells you you need it the most even though you KNOW you don't

  • change your thinking

  • exercise - without taking away from your kids- your responsibilities as a parent- losing sleep and effecting everything else you do

  • find the way to fill yourself with the healthy things and avoid the so called comfort foods.

  • be happy with yourself when you feel it isn't enough.

  • Not fall back.


  • Stay focused on the life ahead.

These are the things that I have to think about everyday. I haven't been walking. I haven't been eating right. I have become frustrated. I need to know how you just pick yourself up and keep going. I know I have to do it. I know no one can do it for me.




The biggest thing that I do know..... is that I have to do it for this....

And I guess if it means taking a little bit of time away from them, it will mean a whole lot of life for me to share with them. Also that I have to reach them how important it is to get fit and healthy and stay that way. So you can enjoy life and not be restricted by your body.

Someone told me once what a good mother they thought I was. I remember thinking. Really... am I? I look in the mirror and think. How can I be? Don't get me wrong. i think I am a good Mom but I don't lead by example. I nurture them and love them and teach them but I know I can do more. I have to just find that motivation to get going and stay that way.



1 comment:

  1. It's never easy to find the time to work out or to choose a healthy meal over a convenient fast food one but it is worth it.

    Maybe you can take those beautiful kids to the park and play with them.

    You have to find out what works for you and your schedule. I know I was never able to make it to the gym after working 8 hours in a stressful office. If something is important enough, you will make the time to get it done.

    Good luck and keep the faith you will find a way to reach your goals.

    ReplyDelete