Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Making up for lost time.....

So lots to tell you since the last post.... Darin spent all last week making a skating rink for the kids. It is about 40 feet long and 30 feet wide. Once the kids get out on it it will be lots of fun for them. They will all be able to skate and still have a ton of room to roam. We are hoping to have a skating party out there once the weather warms up a bit. This -35 is really starting to ware on me. I hate the cold. I mean I REALLY HATE THE COLD!! Dalton is happy now that we have snow. Especially after this past weekend.

So Dalton went to his friend Travis's birthday party last Saturday. He had a great time and his Mom invited all the boys in his class. There is 14 all together including Travis. I laughed because when i went to pick the boys up ( I took Nick too) Travis' Mom said "I have a whole new respect for the boys teacher". Dalton had a great time and loved the cake...big surprise.

Dalton got another spelling test back today....9/8 he got the bonus! Woohoo! He loves to bring them home! Tonight though we got another phone call from the teacher. he is having a hard time getting his work done. His concentration is not working with him. He wants to visit with his friends instead of complete his work. But if she sends him to the quiet room he can complete the whole days work in 20 mins. And get it all right. i am confused on whether he is just bored with the work or what. i dunno what to make of it sometimes. he got another lunch at Montana's (Nanny.... you better soon take him he has 3 now to collect).

Some of you already heard about this for those who haven't you won't believe it! My friend Bev won a brand new truck! She was having her truck serviced and they were having a push the button event at the dealership. Bev went in pushed the button and won a brand new truck worth $42 000.00. I wish that I had that luck! It is black and has ever bell and whistle that you could imagine! Congratulations BEVEY!!

On February 1st Darin had his nose surgery. He made out Okay and it is just starting to feel the effects of it now. He had to spend the night at the hospital and he hated that!! They wouldn't feed him because of his blood sugar. Lets also just mention that I met a man, ( Darin shared a room with) and I saw more of him than I ever wanted to see! Those nightie's leave nothing to the imagination!!! Not to mention that he wasn't afraid to air himself out!!

After he was transferred to Belleville from Trenton where they did the surgery, I had to come and collect Dalton from the neighbour. Get the baby from Nanny & Poppa's, get everyone some supper and of course Darin his Timmy's and get back up to the hospital before visiting hours were over. Busy night. Plus Darin had ads in the paper for selling stuff!! Oh what a night! The phone never stopped ringing all weekend. I got up Saturday morning and went to the hospital to collect him. He was calling at 7:30am to see when we were coming to get him!! Saturday evening I had to work but Johnathan came out to help with the boys! Thanks John. I appreciate your help!

So after that things got back to normal ..... well sort of there is always something going on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment