Saturday, March 15, 2008

March Break!!

Well March Break officially started on Friday the 7Th of March. I had to work that day so not much happened. Johnathan ( Angela's) son was with us for the week so he watched Dalton while Tyson and I went to the bank and got a few groceries. No biggie and about 2:30pm I took John to his Mom and headed into work.
Well It started snowing about 10am and it didn't stop until about 10 on Sunday. I think we got about 2 feet in all. I hate snow. Angela and I were pretty much the only people that made it to work all weekend. So that was one heck of a start to the week! I worked all weekend. So did Darin. He worked doing snow removal. Imagine!

So the kids headed off to Scott and Colleen's for the night on Sat night. they had a great time. I headed over on Sunday to get them. Still snowing I might add! I hate winter, I have decided that I am suppose to live some place where it is warm! Needless to say it did finally stop but most of the city streets were down to one lane or less.
So on Monday we didn't do much of anything. Just cleaned up snow and played some wii. Spend the day just being a Mom with her kids and I might add we had lots of fun at it!
Tuesday morning we got up and headed to Chucky Cheese. Quick stop to see Nan and then pick up Grandma and away we went. Lunch was great and again the kids had a ton of fun. It was packed but we managed to stay for about 3 hours and keep BOTH kids busy. I'm not sure how much fun Darin's mom had but she didn't complain. then home to get supper ready.
Wednesday again we just did a little shopping and had lunch out with Nan. Dalton went to his friend Nick's for the day so it was just Ty and I. We got Colleen's birthday present and walked around the mall then headed home.
Thursday. Not much happened that day. Kids just played outside for a while and hung around. tomorrow is a big day so we didn't do much. Today is my friend Ethel's birthday. Love you Ethel Happy Birthday. We are going for lunch tomorrow.
So around that brings us to Friday. We got up and headed into Belleville. Nanny was meeting us at the new McDonald's in Belleville. I do not recommend that place for kids. It is suppose to be new and kid friendly but from what I saw the playroom was smaller, there was not enough parking, and they can only sit about 100 people at a time....That is kid friendly?? I can't say I am running back there again any time soon!
So I dropped the kids off to Mom and I headed to the Winchester Arms for lunch for Ethel's birthday. there were 5 of us all together. Good lunch but it took a while. After that I rushed up to pick Dalton at mom's and then we ran to the movie theater. We went to see Horton hears a who!
Dalton and Ethel and I loved it! We had a great afternoon. I would recommend it for anyone with small kids. And us big kids!
It has been one busy March Break but we had ton's of fun. Today is my brother's 40Th birthday. Hard to believe. Happy Birthday Edward! Have a great day. Love you. We are having supper at the Chinese restaurant on Sunday night. He and his family are heading back from vacation in Florida for their March Break. So we'll meet up with them Sunday.
How did you all spend you March Break? I hope you all had a safe and fun holiday like us!

No comments:

Post a Comment