Monday, May 26, 2008

Things are starting to happen.....

Well.... it seems like it has been forever, but not really. I know. We have signed a contract for Dor-Ann homes to build us a new house. We are just waiting for the insurance company to hand over some cash. And everything goes as slow as a turtle. But I must say we haven't had bad luck so far compaired to other peoples nightmare stories of insurance companies and adjusters. Ours is great and when I have a question he is great to explain it.



We decided to go with a high ranch home. We are thinking it will be much better. We had replacement cost on our house which means we can replace it with a 1 1/2 storey like we had but the problem is it cost twice as much to build one. We are happy with the high ranch we got everything we want in it. it may cost us a little but we don't mind, if we are going new we are going to get what we want now instead of coming back in a few months to redo it.

Now it seems the city has a problem and the building permit is up in the air. It is always something I tell ya. The guy that is looking after it at Dor Anne ( Jamie) has had to resubmit it twice.

Things are exciting no matter though. I picked flooring, cupboards, and paint colours last week so the hardest part for me is almost done. Darin doesn't care much about that sort of stuff. He is colour blind. I love the house lay out, and the typical highranch has the stupid entrance that no one can get in so we extended the doorway by 3 feet so the entrance is actually 7 feet deep. There is only one other house around like it. I don't know if you have ever been in a high ranch before but, we have now have an extra large front entrance. Instead if it going in around the jut outs, it comes out past them. You can see by the floor plan.

I think that I am going to love my new house. And to think I won't have to dust everyday! ( old houses are the worst)

No comments:

Post a Comment