Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Martin Christmas!!













Well yet another year of fun, family,and food! We ate and laughed and shared until everyone started to go. As always Betty outdid herself and everyone left with a belly ache. Not me so much because I have learned the hard way one to many times! A lot of the family made it out this year and it is funny to see the families grow.

Amy was missed and we made sure that we had some cheesecake for her! We'll tell her Tyson ate her piece and he really enjoyed it! Pam and I of course well we just had a small piece! Hee Hee! I took lots of pics but since I don't have every one's permission to use them I am only posting a few! Kids and family with computers mostly!

The kids always have a small gift under the tree! Betty I think takes the time to find just the right thing that the kids will like. Dalton got a hand held Tetris game. He likes that game and Tyson got the cutest thing I have seen. A Mr. Potato head Spud buds kit. It comes in a little suitcase which Tyson will love to carry around. I have never seen such a thing before. GOOD JOB AUNT BETTY!! It is so great to have someone who thinks of the kids!

Tyson was as busy as I expected him to be. He munched on so may crackers that he didn't really want any supper. Oh well it's Christmas. I expect that the excitement over the next week will inhibit a lot of eating patterns. For example. I made seven dozen butter tarts Friday night at work. Angela (a friend) came in and asked why I made so many. Then she went and got he plate and took four. Darin found them about two minutes after I got home and by the end of the day has eaten about eight. Darin took six to my Dad today to get him until Christmas ( told you Dad the hockey pucks would prevail) Ha ha. So like I said by Monday, Christmas Day, I will be lucky to have a dozen left with company over, and Darin. They aren't as good as his Mom's but I guess they will do. He hasn't had a problem so far!

Dalton came home from church today and informed me he is in a play at church next Sunday. I guess he is suppose to be the inn keeper. That should be interesting he is quite good at telling us NO so he shouldn't have a problem remembering his lines! lol.

So Thanks again Betty & Alan for opening up you home to everyone and cooking a wonderful meal for our family to enjoy. If it wasn't for you most of us would never see each other, and our kids wouldn't know each other. And Betty your right. Family is important and it is, if your lucky the most important thing!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Thanks so much for coming! Great memories, great food, and great times - the perfect Christmas gathering!

    Danyal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diana
    thank-you for helping make our christmas so very special because without all of you it wouldn't be as special a day. thank-you for the beautiful pictures and great talks and memories. love Aunt Betty & Uncle Al

    ReplyDelete