Friday, December 29, 2006

Well all said and done.....Christmas and still no snow.






Christmas is over... good and bad.

On to the New Year! Well we made it through Christmas Eve. I arrived home Christmas morning to find everyone but my mother in law still in bed. Finally at 8:15am I went and disturbed the sleeping beauties and kicked them out of bed! Dalton was surprised that Santa actually came to him. Me too after the last few weeks. However, maybe with Dad home the next few weeks his attitude will change. We'll see. He got a few of the things on his list, I think even above the Santa stuff his favorite gifts so far are his IZ his brother got him and his mp3 player. He played "flushed away" in his xrocker all day. He did stop for breakfast for a bit.

Tyson well he didn't know what to think... new toys just laying around... Don't care I'll play with em. He likes his alligator piano he got. It's bigger than he is but he picks it up and carries it around. Or tries. He loves ripping and pulling the paper and presents but after about eight he didn't find it so fun anymore. maybe because he was belted into his highchair so we could keep him involved and actually open out gifts.

Grandma got a few things that she wanted. I got a Nano and a new helmet for four wheeling! Darin well he could care less for Christmas but he too got a few things that he wanted so he was happy. so with our gifts opened and breakfast all cleaned up. I snuggled into bed after working all night and slept for a couple hours before my family arrived for dinner. I got up at about 3:30pm a couple of hours sleep, and not a moment too soon Tracy and Edward and the kids arrived before I even got my hair dried.

So we opened more gifts.....so many gifts for everyone. And we all enjoyed ourselves ( I think) Leah especially loved her digital camera. Mom not so sure. I think though once she gets used to it and keeps it with her she will realize how great it is. It is small enough to keep in her purse and I think that she will like the fact that she can just keep it with her.

Well onto the kids big gift for the night. Well unfortunately it was dark by the time the kids got outside to get it. Edward and Tracy got their kids a 4 wheeler for Christmas. We went outside and they oped up their boxes they didn't really know what the keys were for and they didn't realize that they should put the pictures together to make one. But after all was said and done and the garage door was opened they were excited. "Cool" Leah said.

So off they went for about 45 minutes and then we had some supper. We ate. I think we all ate a bit too much but I think that is par for the course of Christmas. I sent some goodies home with everybody including my Dad. The butter tart king. I sent home eighteen and he had eaten all but four in two days! They all helped clean up and then I fell back into bed at 8:30pm. I just about slept through the alarm. Good thing Darin kicked me. Three hours sleep a day and working all night just isn't cutting it anymore. I must be getting old! Yes.... I said it!
So it's all over but cleaning up the mess. They all had a great day... they both got too much... we need a bigger house... all the usual things I say after Christmas. But ya know I can't wait to do it again next year!
On a final note though, I want to say to my family and friends how lucky I am to have you. My life would be very boring without you all. And Dad I couldn't be happier that you went to Church with Mom. You continue to surprise me, and make me proud your my Dad.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Holidays Diana and family!! You always make me laugh! Well it's the 30th and I'm looking forward to the new year. It has been nice having a few days off during the holidays, and Christmas went off without a hitch. Steph and her boyfriend have arrived safe and sound in Fort Lauterdale, to a balmy 28 degrees. Funny how university students need a holiday as they have been working sooo hard. Ash is working and enjoying her time off. Just wanted to say hi and take care, I enjoy visiting the site and seeing the pix of the kids; makes me feel like I never left! Take care,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete