Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dietician...

Today we saw a dietitian for Darin's diabetes. We were suppose to go a year ago but it just never happened. They never called. So it was off to go today. We learned a lot. He did. I have read all the books and know what he/ we should be doing. He had to track his meals for 4 days before he went to see her. 2 days I planned and 2 days he planned. She laughed and said to him.... Do you know what 2 says of meals that I am going to pick??
Darin..... I dunno?

Nurse.... it isn't the day with the clam chowder and a sleeve of white soda crackers or the day of Kraft dinner and 8 oz steak. Oh and no veggies to be seen..

Darin... really?? Sounds good to me.

Nurse.... I think that you should eat to what your wife makes you and kinda stick to that... maybe just maybe your blood sugar wouldn't be 22. Then she smiled.

That was how he appointment went. Explaining what he should and shouldn't eat. How much, when etc.

So now I just have to plan the week out a bit better and get rid of A LOT of stuff in my cupboards that he tends to grab for quick ,easy,and convenient snacks.

We go back in the end of Feb to see how he makes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment