Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Accountablilty....

It means so much doesn't it??

I am about to touch a couple of subjects that Ive encountered over the holidays that make me mad and others that make me wonder??? Hmmm

First... Gastric Bypass...

If you have been effected by this stop reading now you might be totally PO'd by my comments.

A few of my in law's have had this done. I have to admit, that the effects have been apparent in both cases. But after spending sometime with them over the holidays I have to wonder. I wonder how this effects their bodies. I wonder what exactly they have learned from their eating habits. ( Because from where I sat, it didn't seem like much) . I adore these people dearly and I don't want to hurt anyone but if you are in your midlife and feel like you have no other recourse because of health and size and all the other effects that your Dr actually thinks it is a good idea than I can sympathize. However if you are in your 20's and just want the easy way out than I'm not so sure that I agree.
From my perspective. And it is mine alone. I saw that the patterns of eating went from way over eating to eating non stop. I have to wonder. I have read lots on this subject and you can stretch it out, in time. So if you have not learned anything from having to have it done that you now eat non stop and can't control it because you are always hungry then how has it helped you? Is there not some sort of counselling that should be required when you feel the need to alter you body in order to control your eating? The way I see it it just gives you another excuse to eat in a different way. Still garbage, still too much, but now instead of big meals....it's non stop still using the excuse your hungry.
I'm sorry if I offend those of you who have been effected by this. I am sorry if your story is different. I hope it is. I just think that if you want to lose weight you have to suffer the consequence of what you have done to your body in order to realize that only you can change the effects of the choices you made! it is how we learn. It shouldn't be easy. Easy is how we got FAT in the first place!
So if your mad. I can't help that. People don't mind sharing their feelings with me. Vocally. I just have a little more respect for people by sharing here and if you don't like it leave. That simple. It's my opinion.

Second. Accountability. Funny word. Funny to me because if I fall off the food wagon... who am I accountable to?? You? I hope you all would leave inspiring messages to get my *ss in gear. Which you do (thanks so much) I appreciate it greatly. I wish that I had someone that lived close to me that could walk with me. Take time to kick my *ss in gear. I work shifts, it's hard. I have small kids, it's hard. It is bad weather, it's hard. I can make excuses all day.

I have gained another 2 lbs this week. It's depressing. I can overcome this now that life is back to normal. But how do we learn to manage? How do we find the momentum to kick ourselves in the fanny to get our stuff together. It's mental thinking. I know. Finding that thing that fits!

I look forward to june for so many reasons! A friend is having a baby. She will be on maturnity. I am looking forward to seeing/ meeting that baby.. pushing that stroller and getting her/his mommy over or me there for walks in the nice warm fresh air! HINT HINT!! I know she will want to be getting back on track to so with her off which normally she works shifts it will be a buit easier for us to go together.

Wednesday I go to the Dr. Nothing wrong...no gastric bypass in sight...lol ! Just the physical I have been putting off since Tyson was born four years ago. So maybe I will make that a new starting point.

Hmmm.... Accountabilty. Thing is guess if I don't take control of my own accountability then I have no one to blame but myself.

Any ideas on how to keep yourself accountable other than blogging? How do you keep on track? I read you blogs, I know what you tell us. Any secrets methods you have that you don't share. You would think that the joy of the scale and smaller pants would be enough? Why is it that food fills such a void.

Ugg you could go crazy going around and around about it!!

Have a great day! See you tommorrow after the DR!!

I look forward to your comments on this not so light subject. What do you think??

No comments:

Post a Comment