Thursday, May 31, 2007

Baking....Baking......

So this morning I go up with Darin as I do everyday and got him off to work but instead of going back to bed I got busy and made up some banana bread before going to Mom's after Dalton goes to school to bake the rest of the goodies.

This banana bread was one for our house but as you can see by the time supper came it was almost gone and it was the three boys that had devoured it!



So today we made 8 dozen butter tarts, about 15 pies shells and out of that 11 were pies, and 12 banana breads. The church got for their sale, 2 dozen tarts, 6 small pies, and 6 banana bread. Aunt Ruth got a lemon meringue pie, and a banana bread. Mom & I each got a banana bread and 2 1/2 dozen tarts and an apple pie. Jesse my nephew got a small lemon pie. Dad got a small apple pie and and a big lemon pie. I would have posted more pictures but I didn't want to make everyone hungry.
Mom and I always find it funny that nobody likes the baked goods around but they never seem to last very long. The neighbours come and steal the tarts, at mom's there seems to be this mysterious little fairy that eats it all. So I dunno I guess we aren't too bad a cooks.
I guess by our pictures you can tell that we at least like our own cooking. Darin I might mention was a lot skinnier when I met him!

No comments:

Post a Comment