Thursday, May 24, 2007

Literacy night.....

Well tonight was Literacy night at Dalton's school. His school has the best reading curriculum of all the schools in Hastings county. I found out tonight that Dalton ready doesn't like to read he just does it for me. He does it quite well too I might add.
Anyway, I was working tonight and I couldn't go with him. So Angela stayed at the house with Tyson and Nanny & Poppa came out to go to Literacy night with Dalton. All while Mom & Dad were at work. Nanny was looking forward to it and so was Dalton. All excited this morning and had to call Nan so she wouldn't forget all about it! Nan would never but anyway....
Apparently they were asking why the kids like to read and Dalton said " I don't like to read I just do it because my Mom thinks I do, don't tell her" or something like that. Kids ya never know what they are going to say. So I laughed.
They made a book, ate cookies, played in the computer room, made a bookmark ( which Dalton made for Nanny) and had some door prizes. Dalton won the last one. $ 10.00 at a book store, as you can imagine from the last comment, the last thing he wants to buy is a book!!

Thanks to everyone for making the kids night...
NANNY, POPPA, and Aunite Angeno.... We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment