Saturday, June 2, 2007

Firewood, Sand pit & Fishin'

Saturday morning, I woke up sicker than a dog. I wasn't sure what end to put in the toilet. But being a woman and all there is no time to be sick, besides who wanted to waste their holidays like that? So I showered after I finished all the nasty stuff, at 4am I might add, and then decorated Keauden's first birthday cakes for his party later in the day. I"ll post them after.
Darin had other plans for us for the day. At 6am he got up and got ready he had planned for us to go to his work and cut wood for the day. Sounds exciting I know. Not to mention the it was already 30* outside and it was 6am!! I was already sick so you can probably imagine how the rest of the day went.
So while we split and cut wood the kids played we did it until 12:00pm by then I was officially ready to puke again! It was 45* with the humidity, we were in the sun and every time I drank anything all it did was upset my stomach more! We didn't get it done but I quit, the chainsaw got to hot and the wood splitter blew a hydraulic line so I think that someone was working in my favour.
The kids and dog had a ton of fun. There was a small spring there about knee deep about five feet from us that they all played in. The kids threw rocks and the dog chased them. Then they would run and chase him too. So they were all wore out by the end of the day.
As you can see Tyson had a ton of fun. Nanny is going to have a fit over this picture. His hat and shorts are navy blue and his shirt was grey! by the end of the day all of him was black!! All the dirt was everywhere. Turns out he didn't need the sunscreen after all the dirt covered him!

This was big and little brother doing some climbing and adventuring.

This is how he got soooo dirty. He would slide down the hill to the water get wet and then climb back up it! And go again!

They had a great time and were both exhasted by the end of the day. But Dalton had one more fun thing to do while Tyson had a little nap in the shade.
Out at the pit there are several spring fed ponds. Well Ron has stocked one of them with fish. He said that with the barbs off the fish hooks they were welcome to fish as much as they wanted. Well Dalton thought that was great!

Here he is my great fisherman. Afraid of the worm, the fish and the hook but "Mom I caught one!". I am a proud sick Momma. That is as close as he would let the fish get to him! He is a funny guy that one tough as nails but a big wimp at heart!

So that was our Saturday morning. I just left out the part about Ron bringing the kids donuts and stuff. after this we went home for a swim. I tough it would make me feel better, but I'm not sure it did. In fact I think it made me feel worse. I hope I feel better later!

No comments:

Post a Comment