Friday, August 17, 2007

Big Brother's and Big Sister's Rib Fest!!

I've been a little behind on my posts I know. My niece reminds me all the time since she checks. Sorry Leah I will try to be more prompt. It's not like I have two kids, a dog a cat, a husband, a house and a full time job to take care of. Never mind just trying to be a good Mom!! Hahaha. Auntie know just get with it right??
Any way, I'll make up with a few update on what we did the rest of the summer and how it went. On August 17Th we went to the zwick's park for the "Rib Fest", it was a good cause but I can't say that I would go again and waste another $60.00. that is how I felt. It was good but not that good. We had lots to eat but at $5.00 for a glass of lemonade that was made from concentrate seemed a little steep! it was for a good reason so that is how I keep justifying it!
So we went with Terry, Steph, Nick and Evelyn Steph's Mom.
We had fun. We got there just before it was too busy. We were leery about going because we though it was going to rain. And it did. We ate and the kids played at the combat camp for about 1/2 hour then it started. So we wandered on home.
Dalton was so funny. They got to play at the combat camp that the soldiers from Trenton had set up. Dalton actually asked one of them.." hey do you know my friend Shawn, he jumps out of planes there?" We laughed until I thought I would die. I said do you realize how many people work at Trenton airbase named Shawn, Dalton? The gentleman though the was funny too!
I loved the deep fried battered onions though. Only problem is my waistline doesn't. They were so good!! I'm glad they aren't something we can get around here! I might be more tempted.
Here is Dalton on the combat course. By the time the boys were done they both had green stained knees!! From the grass!
They had fun though so that is all that matters!


No comments:

Post a Comment