Monday, June 7, 2010

back in the groove.

Even though I was having a hard go there for a while I have been back at it. Journaling my food. Weighing, measuring making myself accountable. I have trying to get more activity in here and there but I am hoping that once school is done for the kids that we can spend more time at the parks, beach and in our own pool that it will be easier to get into. Tyson loves activity but gets bored with it very quickly. if we go to the school playground and he has Dalton to keep him busy and to play with he keeps his stamina going and I can walk on the track while they play.

I am back down to 206 but it makes me mad that I was so close to being out of the 200's and that I let stress and frustration get to me.

I am not anorexic. I am not bulimic. But I defiantly know that I have issues with food. Issues in the sense that I think it is my friend that doesn't talk back. Comforts me when I need it. I need to start looking at it that it is a friendship that is killing me. And we all know when you have a friend like that in your life that makes you feel bad about yourself, makes you feel worse to be around in the long haul, kills your self esteem that you so get them out of your life. I can't get rid of the food, but I can certainly change my relationship with it. And that is what I plan on doing.

I don't want my kids learning that food is their friend. To rely on it for comfort. I want them to be strong, and secure enough in themselves that they can deal with anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment