Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What did your day sound like....

What was your day like today?
I had a busy day from start to finish with never ending things coming up. Started with a phone call to come to work an hour earlier. Going to work, having a earthquake.Then having to stop on my way home from work at Walmart because there is no dog food. Getting supper, getting Tyson ready for soccer, my 9 year old telling me at 6pm he needs a costume for school tomorrow, going to soccer, cleaning up supper, picking up supplies for the costume, making a costume and packing lunches and going to bed.
No walk, no exercise. Nothing... not something that made me happy but again, real life.
My kids come first so it was important to Dalton to have a costume and so once we got home from soccer a costume we made.
Dalton googled easy knight costume ideas and this was one he liked that we could swing together pretty easily.
He liked it and was pretty proud that he had such a great helmet.
It was made with heavy felt and crafting foam. I sewed it which gave it shape and character. The uniform was his Dad's old sleeveless shirt, his belt and sword. I had some thin packing material that we cut a neck out of and he wore it over top of the black shirt.
He also needed a crest to complete the costume. So this is what he and I came up with. He was happy with the results no matter. Earlier I mentioned an earthquake. We had one here. I didn't feel it, but many did. The weather is so weird anymore you can never predict it!
So basically it was a busy day. No exercise but my calories were right on track so I am as happy as I can be with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment