Tuesday, July 20, 2010

called home

Birthdays. Not such a big deal. In fact I spent the morning painting with Tyson.
Steph came by today to see me with Lauryn. They brought me a gift. A beautiful picture of he that Leslie took. My favorite one. One of my many faves. And a gift card. I love it. Thanks Williams family.
Tyson had lots of hugs and kisses for me this morning too.
I have to work today, but first I have to drop Tyson off at Mom's and then a lovely staff meeting. Mom also had a gift card for me. I asked for them because I wanted to finish off the white stone in my front flower beds. I'll post a picture later when I finish them.
Once I got to work all the girls wished me a happy birthday and Angela gave me a mall gift card too. And lots more hugs from my friends that I have at work.
After that, I got to work and into the meeting when the phone rang. The girls gave me the phone and on the other end was Dalton calling from camp to wish me a happy birthday. He sang it to me. I cried. Silly I know but I did. The girls all commented on how he is such a special kid. I loved that and it was probably the best gift I got all day.
I found out after that Dalton had a lonesome night that night. Andrea told me he was homesick after calling. Last year when he called home he talked to Dad. He was fine. So as much as I loved it, I think next year he will have to not call home. I can't be selfish and put him through that. Not fair to him. even though I didn't make him call, I can't have him upset. He is there to have fun and learn not worry about all of us at home and what he is missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment