Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hey fattie wanna get a burger??

Have you ever had one of those days where you have been running so much that you finally take a day to stay home? I did today.
I had all of Dalton's wet camp stuff to go and wash, laundry to put away. Our regular laundry, the stuff from the cottage to finish putting away. The dog is shedding in a big way, so vacuuming is a must. I have dishes from last night. Beds to change since everyone has been away. I haven't dusted in a month. Needless to say I am sure that you get the point.
So after supper I finally sat my fanny on the couch and just was too tired to move. I had everything on my list done. And a few extra things. I though that I was just too tired to venture out on a walk.
So there I sat when Darin asks...." not going for a walk?".
I say...."gosh I am tired, I had a busy day."
Darin says...." Hey fattie wanna go get a burger?"
( most people right now who are reading this, their jaw just dropped but for anyone who knows Darin you are probably laughing because you can totally hear him saying that)
I say... "thanks smart ass!"
Darin says.. " I knew you'd get sick of it and we would grow old and fat together".
I said..." Old maybe but not fat, again smart ass!"
Darin then says...." are you mad enough yet to go for your walk?"
I smiled, kissed him, thanked him and got my shoes on and left for my walk. Then had a swim afterwards.
One thing about Darin, he has such a suttle way to make a point doncha think??

No comments:

Post a Comment