Saturday, July 17, 2010

good Day...

My Birthday is Tuesday but the kids will both be gone. Dalton leaves for camp (which he can't wait) tomorrow and Tyson leaves on Tuesday afternoon to go to the trailer with my parents. I work all this week so the kids are going on vacation without us. They both love going to the trailer with my parents. My Mom used to babysit them but now they are older Dalton only goes to visit, and Tyson only gets there on his non school days. for both of them it isn't nearly enough.
So we decided to have a little special evening tonight. We started out with getting pizza, after supper we headed over to dairy queen. I know that supper was already out of my calories but it was my birthday. Well kinda. Don't get me wrong, I haven't given up but for one day I am going to let myself enjoy food. Enjoy life, and indulge with my kids. It won't be a habit but if I don't let go once in a while, I will never make it through anything because I feel deprived and give in.
We decided to go to Dairy Queen because cake just means we all eat that crap for a week till it's gone. This way we all got what we wanted, ate what we wanted and when it was gone there was no leftovers to munch on. I had a blizzard. Calories for the day in that puppy alone. But I didn't stress I enjoyed every bit of it.
We went to the park and ate our treats and then we came back home.
I was feeling very full and hadn't walked yet today so Dalton and headed out Kerri was just getting home so we asked her to come with us. She did. She walked right along like a trooper and did a great job. (even though I had no doubts.) She questioned the distance of the walk. I thought it was 5kms we were walking. Kerri pointed out that it had to be more, she had clocked it part way with her car one day. So guess what I did it and it turns out that we have been walking 6. 1 kms everyday. Yay us! Thanks Kerri what a great no cost gift for my Birthday. LOVE IT!!
So I got home and we had company. Tina and Mike were here. Had a little visit with them and I found that I felt a lot better after my walk.
So I had a great day even though it was only kinda my birthday!! We were together and happy and enjoying the life that we share.
I love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment