Saturday, July 24, 2010

pick up Dalton & cottage

Today we headed out early to pick Dalton up from camp. I have to be there around 11 am to get him. So we headed out early to go so I could drop Darin and Tyson off at terry and Steph 's cottage. It is about 10 or so minutes from Dalton's camp.
So then I headed out to get Dalton. As always he was a challenge to find, running with his friends and doing last minute crafts, packing stuff, etc. He was excited to see me and after the short get together service so we can enjoy a taste of what they have been up to all week and have lunch together we headed back to the cottage.
I wanted to go and get my walk in so after a swim, I changed and got on my way. i was sort of sorry after about the first 10minutes but there was no way I was turning back once I had set off. the reason you ask? I think I fed every horse fly in Sharbot lake. They were non stop at me but it just encouraged me to walk faster. It was ridiculous! Seriously. terry said I could have warned you but you were gone before I realized it!!
When I returned, they had started supper. I knew we were having beef ribs for supper that was one of the reasons that I didn't want to miss my walk. they were so stinking good. But you know what? I so paid for it later. Now that I don't eat that way (greasy food) so much anymore, I though I was going to die. I was awake at 2am wishing I could get sick so I could feel just a bit better. Can't see me eating them again for a long time!
So there was a new pup at the cottage this year. He name is Abby. Terry and Steph have had her only a few days now. Max had to be put down. he was a great dog and adored by all. But they couldn't let him suffer any longer with his breathing condition and heat and humidity made it worst. Steph was just so lonely without him that she got Abby. These are a few pics of how spoiled she will be and what a nut she is already.
Seriously have you ever seen a dog sleep like this??? How crazy is that?
The funniest part of the whole weekend was the crazy pup. We would fill up King's water dish ( our dog, the Shepherd in the background) and she would play in it.
I posted the video of her and she would do this every time we filled up the dish and she noticed it! Crazy pup.
Thanks for the weekend Terry and Steph as always we had a great time on the boat and in the lake and in general with you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment