Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Anniversary party...

These are my godparents. Mr & Mrs. Bernard Foley. This photo was taken 50 years ago. Hard to believe eh? Yup, they have been married 50 years. What a challenge in todays society. I was born on thier anniversary. My parents and them have been friends for years. At least for 36 anyway.

Funny how appearances change and age but are still so familiar in characteristics. My Uncle is still as handsome as he ever was. And my Aunt still hates to smile.Some of the pictures are not that great because the lighting in the hall was really terrible.

There are many things that I could tell you about my Aunt and uncle but I'll keep it short. My uncle bought me my very first car at sixteen. Took me three months to save the money to fix it up and drive it but I did it! And kept it until I was almost 19. 1971 Pontiac lemonze. An old boat but it got mine and my friends fannies to college.
Then it was time for a new car because that one died. I was so greatful to them. And they were proud of me for working so hard to keep up my end of the deal and save the insurance, drivers ed, and gas!

Well, I hope that they have a great day on their "actual" anniversary. I know that their party was a great success!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY AUNT SHIRLEY & UNCLE BUN!
WE LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment