Thursday, July 5, 2007

Fluffy & Ducky!

Well, here is my little duck friend. He will be going to Afghanistan. Jolene George ( a blogger friend I have made) has a son that is in the war. He is just 19. I do not envy her one bit! His name is Chad. They are a wonderful family and please feel free to click on her link at the bottom of my page. However, Jolene has asked that her friends and anyone really, send a duck to Chad. To help him remember how to run and hide "duck" while at war.
Dalton picked this little one out. He has a little hard hat on. Short of a helmet it seems pretty fitting. I will be mailing it to Jolene so if anyone else would like to send a duck, just get it to me and I will send it with mine or feel free to visit Jolene's page and get Chad's address to mail yourself. I have had an awful time trying to mail things because I guess they go to New York first before Afghanistan which confuses the post office.
Since I have no family in the war, thank goodness, all I can think is that if it makes Chad happy for a moment it was worth it. Not much to ask to keep us safe.



He's a cutie eh?


Now on to the fluff part of this post.
Jolene has made this lovely chart for us "fluffy" girls. To take part in this group of people to help make their life a little healthier.
I have been trying to be good for about a month now and with the assistance and reminder of the fluffy girls chart, I have managed to lose 14 pounds so far. I am feeling much better, and want to lose more too!
I am back to my 6 km walk daily even with the kids. That has to be the most challenging part...
Have you met my children???


So feel free to email me to join the fluffy girls club and borrow the chart. Thanks Jolene for your creativity!
Keep up the good work Fluffy girls!

Note: This is not a diet! It is a way to improve your life and be healthy. But if it helps you can call it a diet. But Diet is also another word for failure in my case!


No comments:

Post a Comment