Friday, July 18, 2008

Crystals, oh what fun!!

Today Dalton wanted to make a crystal project from his book. He got this book with his passing money the second last day of school at the book fair. Only my kids wants to do projects in the summer.
I dunno.
Anyhow, I suppose he could be interested in worst things. So for some reason Tyson slept in this morning with dad and he decide that he wanted to get the book out and make one of the projects in it. So we did and this is how it turned out.
I must admit it was kinda cool.
First we started out with this little crate paper tree and a package of potassium. It all comes in the kit.
So he poured it on the dish and it slowly crept up the tree.
After about five minutes and the whole tree was wet, it started to form crystals on the ends of the tree.
After and hour it looked like it had snowed in the house. Just on this little tree. Like I said it was very cool. He was so excited about how it turned out. There are about 20 different types of crystals that he can make. I'm sure before the summer is out he will.
Without a doubt!

No comments:

Post a Comment