Wednesday, November 18, 2009

DOO, DOO, DOO, DOO CHANGES!!

My kids are growing up. Wanting to do things on their own. That's OK I get it I was a kid once. Dalton enjoys doing things on his own. He gets that from Darin. He gets his love of computers, books and learning from me. Both good and bad mixed together. He loves Tyson don't get me wrong but with the 5 years between them, he also gets so frustrated too. He came home with a basketball slip the other day. Wanting to go because he loves basketball and a plus to it is that Tyson isn't old enough.
He played Charger hoops which was only for 8 weeks and loved it but this session is longer from Dec to may. So I guess we are off to register him next Wednesday night. I hate to see them grow up but what are you going to do. There is good and bad in everything.

The things that make me feel good. ( these bullets are for you Jen)

  • I have noticed a few of changes over the last few days. By shirts aren't so tight. Neither are my pants. The most annoying thing is my underwear are falling down with my pants. I wear a belt for the pants but.... yup they are sliding down. Makes me feel good but at the same time ugg what a pain. Good pain though! :)
  • I have carpel tunnel. But since I began I noticed that my hand is going less numb all the time. I used to wake up at night and have pain because it was asleep. Hasn't happened in a long time.
  • I feel way better. I not too long ago was feeling exhausted and was falling asleep in the middle of the day. I would fight sleep while doing everything. Working, driving, and watching TV. ( not that I do that much). I felt like crap not to mention how unsafe it was. Tyson is staying in his own room, which helps and I think that the exercise and a few less pounds is putting in some bonus too. yay me!!
  • I have energy. I can go longer and do more than I could just a month ago. It feels like the day got longer even though it didn't. I can find time to do things. Maybe because I am not so sluggish????
  • Reading about other people success make me want to be just like them. Giving me the strength and ambition to go on. Thank you Jen, Jack Sh*t, Lindsay, Friend of the bear and Sean. You help push me even though you are great distance away. Not even knowing your doing it, just by reading and learning about your journey. Giving us ideas, tips and sharing your strength, makes me grateful. I search around through your comments to find other stories just like mine. Thank you for being honest, open and sharing. I don't know how many times I have read something one of you have wrote and I think.....BEEN THERE, how did they know it was me. But now too I can say.... doing that!!

Things that frustrate me...

  • A lot of the recipes on the Internet are for Americans. We are not able to get alot of the things that they have available to them. Eg... vita muffins, Flat out bread just to mention a few. We have to look harder or make your own to find low calorie alternatives.
  • I find that planning my meals for the day is so time consuming. I am going to start planning out my week on one night so I know what to buy, have and prepare for the week. hopefully this will make it easier. With Ty home every other day, it is tedious to sit and figure it out. Then there is too much room for error. i 'll leave so many calories for misc then if something comes up I have some room to change things.
  • Not having time to exercise as much as I'd like. I think that I may join the gym after Christmas again. They have a daycare there so I can go with Tyson. And I can go before work the days he is at school. Right now with Christmas it isn't in the cards. Darin will soon be laid off too. So till then I will do my DVDs and walk as often as I can. Shift work doesn't help much either. Especially nights, your day seems wasted sleeping and you actually need more sleep because your body is backwards.

Regardless of all these things I will persevere. Find the way. I will be here to be a grandmother. I will watch my kids grow up! If I don't, it won't be because I didn't do something about it. It will be an act of god.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment