Saturday, November 28, 2009

Kids..... christmas...

It is hard to believe that we influence our children as much as we do. I am amazed some days at the things that Tyson spits out. I know that he has heard it somewhere or is repeating what he has heard someone say. Sometimes I laugh and sometimes I just have to bite my tongue because it is funny but not for a four year old to be have it coming out of his mouth. Then I have to remind myself that he doesn't understand what he is saying and correct him or give him a warning on his behavior.

My favorite holiday of the year is Christmas. It was my birthday but that sucks now for so many reasons, I hate to bring them up. Regardless, we took the boys out for a drive tonight to see all the Christmas lights. I only have one more weekend off before Christmas. And I work a LOT of evenings. Works for our family. While we were out, Dalton asked about our Christmas tree. So we went looking for them while we were out. We didn't end up getting one tonight, but Dalton did.

He is nine now and wanted a tree for his room. A real tree!! I thought i'd die laughing. He went into home depot and bought himself one. Then asked his Dad to take him to dollarama to get some decorations and lights for it. So he did. Shaking his head, but he did it.

Dalton came right home and decorated it up and put it on his desk. Darin whispered to me that night after the kids went to bed. Looks like a Charlie Brown tree but he loves it!!He plugs it in as soon as he gets up in the morning and when he gets home from school. What a kid. he's his Mommy's boy!!



We we'll probably get a tree tomorrow after church. We'll see. Are you all starting to prepare for Christmas at your homes??

No comments:

Post a Comment