Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Learning a new way.

For a long as I can remember, I have always subdued things with food.
  • upset = eat
  • pain = eat
  • things not going good = eat
  • family issues = eat
  • anything stress = eat
  • bored = eat
  • sad = eat

I can't remember doing anything else but eating to manage things. So today is the day. I am not going to succumb to pressure and the regular bad habit I once would just let myself fall into. It's easier to fall back into a pattern again but I won't.

Darin will soon be laid off and with Christmas coming it becomes a stressful time. Money isn't the problem we will be fine until his unemployment comes in. He is home and unhappy about it ( even though he gets tons done and gets to spend time with Ty, that part he loves) and today was just the beginning. It was a hard morning.

I have been so busy and just haven't gotten around to a few thing he would like and that started the day off to a rough start. Thing settled after a bit but it would have been quite easy to fall back. This isn't about anyone but me. Time for me. Time to find me again. Time for Mom to start looking after MOM.

TIME FOR MOM TO BE HAPPY AND HEALTHY.

Therefore I WON"T fall back.

Did I make myself clear?? I won't!

There is a better way I just have to learn it. And I can and will.

Food is NOT my friend is is a way to keep me nourished and healthy only.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Diane. I'm really sorry to hear about Darin. That is really tough esp in the run up to Christmas.

    I have had times over the last week when I felt down but I have just observed the feeling and let it pass or encouraged it to pass by thinking of other things. I have self medicated all summer with food and it has only made things worse and worse.

    You can change the way you respond to things.

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete